CLC (Christian Life Community) is one of the service clubs of Loreto House. Its goals are to better one’s spiritual life by receiving spiritual guidance and encouraging members to adhere to a lifestyle which is gospel based and simple. Its objectives are to serve the poor and to integrate contemplation and action so that we bring forth gospel values in all aspects of life. It comprises the Catholic students of classes 11 and 12.
Over the academic year 201-2018, the CLC members have been a part of quite a few events both within and outside the School.
Some of these major events are:
1. CAREER GUIDANCE AT DON BOSCO PARK CIRCUS: The students from 9 to 12 were made familiar with different career options through talks by specialists from various fields.
2. BOSCO CHRIZ 2017: On 24th June, the members of CLC and YCS participated in the Christian Fest of Don Bosco Park Circus and were awarded a trophy for being one of the five best schools.
3. XAVO CHRISTI 2017: On 31st July, the members of CLC and YCS participated in the Catholic Fest of St. Xavier’s Collegiate School and placed second overall.
4. WORLD ANGLO INDIAN DAY: On the 2nd of August, the Anglo-Indian students of the School participated in the World Anglo-Indian Day celebrations held at St. James’ School.
5. ST. JOHN PAUL II THEOLOGY OF THE BODY MESSENGERS RETREAT: On 11th and 12th October, the JTM group held a two-day retreat in the School premises for all CLC members.
6. METANOIA 2017: On 19th and 20th October, the Youth Commission of the Archdiocese of Calcutta held a two-day retreat at Don Bosco Park Circus for all Christian students from classes 8 to 12.
Apart from all these events, the CLC members have made charts on Crowning of Our Lady, Mary Ward, World Anglo-Indian Day and Teachers’ Day for the school boards. The members have also organized masses for the first Fridays of the months and various special occasions like Teachers’ Day and All Souls Day.
The animators of CLC have accompanied the members for the various events and have played an active role in the functioning of the club.